Monday, March 30, 2015

Lent day 41

I was reading in Pete Wilson’s book Plan B, and he was talking about community and how important it is to believers.

I’ve realized the same thing over the last few years.

I used to think that church was such a burden and the thought of having to go and share my life with other people just wasn’t worth it.

I couldn’t figure out how other people liked going to church so much. It didn’t make sense to me.

I could read the Bible on my own and have a relationship with God on my own. I didn’t need these other people to help me. They all seemed to be so messed up anyway. How could they help me even if they wanted to.

But recently I’ve come to understand that we really do need each other. We really do need to be in community with other believers.

Plus, as far as them all being messed up, I’ve realized that so am I. And that’s really the only real way for us to actually help each other.

If we think that our leaders are perfect then they won’t be able to help us.

If we think that in order to come before God or His church, we have to be perfect, we will never leave our houses.

We must realize that we are all broken people in need of an unbreakable God and the people He sends into our lives.

And the best place to find this, is in a church that understands these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment