Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Lent day 15

Today I was reading in Matthew 11, and I was struck by the last few verses in the chapter.

28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

I think so many times, we as humans, try to make Christianity about all of these rules and does and don’ts.

But the beautiful thing, is that Jesus called us to Him promising an easy burden.

This does not mean that our lives will be easy or that nothing bad will happen to us. In fact our lives will never truly be easy until we are in heaven, and Jesus tells us that bad things will happen to us.

Instead, I believe, that He is telling us that coming to Him and putting on His “yoke” is easy, because of His grace and mercy.

Becoming a Christian should be hard. It should involve pain and sacrifice.

But because of God grace and mercy, all we have to do is ask and we are forgiven.

Jesus has already paid the heavy price for our salvation.

All we have to do is accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment