Monday, March 9, 2015

Lent day 20

Today I was reading in Matthew 14, and N.T. Wright was talking about the story of Jesus walking on the water.

When Peter asks to join Jesus on the water, I wonder if he really thought Jesus would tell him to come to Him.

I think about that in my own life. How many times have I prayed or thought something, but not really been sure if I was capable of actually going through with the action?

But the beautiful thing here, is that Jesus does call Peter out onto the water, and Peter obeys.

He keeps his focus on Jesus and starts to walk on the water towards his Savior.

Then the reality of the situation comes crashing in. The world around him is complete chaos, and he realizes what is happening. He starts to sink.

If we take our eyes off of Jesus, we start to get dragged down by the things around us.

The world reaches out and pulls us down.

But there is hope.

Just like Peter, we can cry out, “Lord, save me,” and Jesus will reach down His hand and pull us up out of the depths of our despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment