Saturday, March 21, 2015

Lent day 32

Today I was reading in Matthew 23, and Jesus was talking about how the scribes and Pharisees preach one thing and do another, so that you should do what they preach, but not what they do.

It reminded me of conversations I’ve had with my kids. Chloe will be doing something and Max will tell her that she shouldn’t be doing it, even though we’ve also told him to stop doing it and he is currently breaking the same rule.

We’ve tried to tell him that he needs to practice what he preaches. But I think that is one of the hardest lessons for us to learn as fallen creatures.

It is so easy to write something on here about how we should be living our lives and praying and worshiping God.

It’s a very different thing to actually follow through and carry out the things that I’m saying myself.

In some ways I know that it is impossible to do most of the things that I say on here on my own.

In fact I am a hopeless case without the grace, mercy, and love that God showers down on me.

Without that I’m just a broken, worn out, and dirty man.

The only hope I have of ever following the commandments that God has given, is with His help.

I’m just glad that He is always there to help me and never runs out of patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment