Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Lent day 35

I was reading today in Plan B by Pete Wilson, and came across something that I’ve thought of and maybe even have written about before on here.

He was talking about when the Israelites were about to cross the Jordan River to take the Promised Land.

God called them to take the first step on faith into the Jordan River. The river was a the flood stage and would have been a fast-moving river. But God calls them to step into it and then He will stop the river and they can cross it.

I think that’s kind of the way I look at this blog.

I’ve felt that writing is what God wants me to do with my life. But for so long have felt kind of adrift and couldn’t figure out what to do with that calling.

Then I found I could just start up my own blog and at least get some practice in on this whole dream thing.

At the same time though, it’s hard because when you think about your dreams, you never really realize that they may not pay the bills. I have yet to find a way to make this whole thing profitable in any way.

Not that money is the most important thing. It’s been a great way to get my thoughts and ideas out there and to have other people read them and to get some feedback.

It’s also hard, because I do feel like this is what God wants me to be doing with my life and yet I can’t seem to figure out what my next step should be.

For now, I guess I’ll just keep writing and praying that God will show me His plan for my life, or at least the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment