Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sorry for not posting

Well, I did the thing I was afraid I would do. I went a few days without posting. But I’m not sure why. It’s not that I haven’t had the time to write. It’s more that I haven’t been in a good place mentally to write.

One thing I would really recommend not doing, is forgetting to take your antidepressants for two days in the middle of one of the busiest weekends of a family vacation.

This last Sunday, my parents and brother and sister-in-law came to Kansas, for the dedication of my daughter Chloe. Sunday morning we had a breakfast at church and I usually take my pills with breakfast. If I don’t take them with a meal, it can be kind of crazy. And I forgot to take them with me to church. So, there I was surrounded by family, on a pretty big day, about to have a mental breakdown.

By the time I got home in the afternoon, I had completely forgotten about taking them. So, I took a quick nap and then went back out for a family dinner. After that my in-laws took the kids home and Jennifer and I were able to hang out with my brother and his wife. Which was a much-needed thing. We don’t get to see each other near enough, and when we do, it seems like there is never time to just hang out with each other.

We got home pretty late and I was wired. Could not sleep at all. I laid in bed for hours, and finally went to sleep at about 5 am. Then got up a few hours later to go meet my parents for breakfast before they headed home. You can probably see where this is going. I once again forgot to take my pills and so I had another day of feeling out of my mind.

I finally took my pills Tuesday afternoon. But needless to say it’s been a bumpy few days. A lot of ups and downs.

I’m mainly writing this to tell those around me that I’m sorry if I was a little rude these last few days. I’ve been in a different state of mind. I’ve heard people say that it takes a few weeks for these meds to actually work, and that if you miss one it shouldn’t affect you. But I can tell you that I notice a huge difference if I miss one day. Not sure what it is. Could be partially mental. Like I know I didn’t take them, so I’m on edge all day. But I know things are different if I forget to take them.

I also forget to do things like write my blog post for the day. Oops.

Here’s hoping I can remember to keep on taking them and posting once a day again.

No comments:

Post a Comment