Friday, August 3, 2012

Flying for four

So, I’m writing this after only getting 2 hours sleep last night. But that’s the way I am before big things. In about 5 hours we’ll be hopping on a plane for the first time as a family of 4. It could get interesting. We leave here in about 2 hours and we still have to get a lot ready. So, this probably won’t be too long.

It’s hard for me not to think about all the things that could happen with kids on a plane. Especially with a 3-year-old who can’t sit still for more than a minute. Maybe tomorrow I’ll write about how Max did amazing. I really hope so. But a bigger part of me thinks I’ll be writing about how we were those parents on the plane with the crazy kid who screamed and fought the whole time.

The hard thing for me, is that I know Max is a good kid. But he has this side to him that will drive you crazy. I think he just has so much energy that it’s hard for him to stop. We’ve got some movies that we’ll put on our laptop for him. Plus some coloring books. But it’s a 4 hour flight and we’ll see how long he’s willing to sit there for.

We could use your thoughts and prayers. I just hope that my lack of sleep doesn’t come back to bite me. Oh well. It wouldn’t be the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment