Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Dear Lord

I was looking through some of my old songs, trying to see if anything in there was worth anything or if they were just the writings of a teenager.

I found this one song, more a prayer, that hit me hard. It is such a prayer of a young man, but I also still feel it today.

So, having forgotten how I would have sang it before, I figured out some chords and put it together. Then I decided to record it before I forgot it again.

I hope you enjoy.

I'll put the lyrics on this page below the video as well as in the video description.




Dear Lord
Geoffrey Shafer
11-1999

Dear Lord, I need your help today
I need to find my way
Through this world

God, please fall on me
God, please let me see
What I’m supposed to be
Lord, please guide me

Dear Lord, thank you for being here
Thank you for loving me
Always

God, please fall on me
God, please let me see
What I’m supposed to be
Lord, please guide me

Dear Lord, I need you here
I need to know you are near
Today

God, please fall on me
God, please let me see
What I’m supposed to be

Lord, please guide me

No comments:

Post a Comment