Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Be A Blessing To Others

Over the weekend I found out that my downstairs neighbor can hear me play guitar as I practice everyday.

At first I was kind of embarrassed. One of the thing that I've always tried to do, is to not disturb our neighbors.

But then Jennifer told me that our neighbor loves to sit below me as I pray and use it as a daily worship time.

I've always thought of my daily practice time as a time of worship, but I had never thought that anyone else would be listening and worshiping along with me.

It turns out she isn't really able to get to church as often as she likes and so she's been listening to me practice and worshiping God.

She later told me that she doesn't always know the lyrics or the melody, so she'll just make up her own.

I tell you all this, not to brag or boast, but to show, as God pointed out to me in this situation, you never know when you might be a blessing to someone else and not know it.

I've been playing pretty much daily for a while now, and had no idea that anyone else could hear me.

But God used that time to bless someone other than me.

Now I just have to try and not think of that while I play, or if I do, not let it make me be quieter.

Maybe I should be louder so she can hear me even better.

1 comment:

  1. What a timely reminder that we are examples of God's goodness even when we don't think about what we are saying or doing. It is great that you are able to worship during your practice time, and your neighbor has found a way to worship outside the traditional church building.

    God is good and takes care of his own. - C. Cole

    ReplyDelete