Thursday, July 17, 2014

The light

As I’ve been working nights, I’ve noticed that towards the end of my shift as I’m starting to drag and the exhaustion is setting in, there comes a point where the sun comes up and you can see it flood in through the skylights and the front doors.

Even though before the sun comes up, it’s no where near dark in the store I realized that it makes the store so much brighter.

At first I thought it was just because that meant my shift was almost over and I was happy to be done.

But then I figured out that you can’t always see the dark until someone shines a light into it.

I know this is also true in my life.

In my darkest times, I haven’t always been able to see how far gone I was, until after someone shined a light into my darkness.

Then I can see just how dark thing were.

So, thank you to all those who have brought light into my life.

It would be a darker place without you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment