Sunday, July 6, 2014

5. That hiding feelings doesn’t help anybody, including myself

This kind of goes with yesterday’s post about arguing.

But I think it’s important on its own.

Mainly because you need to learn to express your feelings and opinions openly, in order for your relationship to work.

I can tell you from my own experience that when I’ve kept my feelings bottled up is when I’ve had the most problems in life.

If you keep it all in, it won’t take much for your bubble to burst, and then the devastation that you can cause is multiplied.

I think this even goes beyond disagreements and arguments.

There have been times in the last 10 years when I’ve felt like Jennifer and I were just roommates.

This all stems from us keeping our feeling and emotions to ourselves.

In order to live with another person, you both have to be willing to share yourselves with the other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment