Friday, July 4, 2014

7. That I can be a good dad

Once again, this goes along with yesterdays, but it is a different point for me.

This one really took a while to sink in, and in some ways I’m not really sure that it has all the way.

But one of the things I’ve learned is that no one is perfect, but that you can always try to be good at what you are doing.

I know that I had a lot of fears going into my time as a stay at home dad.

Would I really be able to handle a kid on my own for most of the day?

Was it wise to leave a kid home with me?

After all, I barely felt like I could take care of myself, how was I supposed to take care of this crying screaming hungry little thing?

But Jennifer helped me to realize that I could do it.

Like I said above, it was never about being perfect, just doing everything that you can to take care of these precious gifts you’ve been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment