Monday, July 14, 2014

Stories to tell

This may seem like a small thing to most people, but it hit me last Friday morning as I was telling Jennifer about my first night of work, that it was great to have things to tell her for once.

I don’t like to say it, but there were times while I was staying home, that I would resent Jennifer and all of her stories about her day at work.

Not because I didn’t care about what was happening in her life, but because I had no stories to tell.

There are only so many times you can say that Chloe napped and maybe I did too, before she’s heard it and doesn’t want to hear it again.

So, it left me feeling empty sometimes to hear all the fun things she would do, and to have nothing to add to the conversation.

As I was telling Jennifer about my night, I realized why I didn’t always like hearing about her days.

It was a great feeling to finally have stories to share and I can’t wait share the things I’ll learn with all of you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment