Saturday, July 5, 2014

6. That arguing doesn’t mean fighting and doesn’t mean you hate each other

Whew that’s a long title.

But it’s true.

I haven’t always been very good at communicating with other people.

Some might say it’s my biggest fault.

I find it very hard to get my point across without just getting mad and shutting down.

This is true in my work life as well as my marriage.

After getting serious with Jennifer, there were several times while we were dating that I was pretty close to ruining the whole thing, and most of it came back to my lack of communication.

I really had to be taught that we could argue and still love each other.

We could disagree and still love each other.

We could talk things through and still love each other.

Not every argument means it’s the end of the world.

When you love someone, you need to be able to communicate with them how you are feeling without getting too angry.

I’m not saying I’m perfect at this.

But with Jennifer’s help, I’m getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment