Monday, June 30, 2014

My Dog Buddha



(Buddha back in 2006 with some blonde, around the time he realized even though he wanted to be a lap dog, most laps aren’t big enough for him.)

Today is our family dogs tenth birthday.

Before we got Buddha, I always thought of myself as a cat person, and only really ever thought I’d want a cat as a pet.

I still think cats can be great, and some of the cats I knew growing up were just as loving as some dogs.

But now I’d have to say that I’m a dog person.

I remember when Jennifer and I were thinking about getting a pet, we went to the pet store and were looking at some of the dogs and I kept trying to get her to look at the cats.

If I remember correctly we played with him one day and then said we’d think about it, I really wasn’t sold on the whole having a dog thing.

We came back the next day to look again, and it seemed like he recognized us and got really excited.

Then I started to walk away to look at the cats and he barked at me.

That’s the moment I was sold on him.

He chose me, and even after we brought him home, he was pretty much inseparable from me for the longest time.

I can’t say that I’ve always liked having a dog, but I can tell you that the love he has shared with me has brightened my life these past 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment