Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My First Job

Preparing for my new job has gotten me thinking about some of the jobs I’ve had in the past, and also brought up a crazy thought.

I’ve really only worked at two different places in my life and it shows this strange symmetry when you look at it.

I got my first job when I was 16 at the Wal-Mart in Pierre, SD and I was completely unprepared for the influx of money that came my way.

All of a sudden I had money and could buy whatever I wanted to buy, and believe me, I did.

I would pretty much spend every dime that I earned by the time the next paycheck came along.

This has been a very hard habit to break and something that I’m truly still working on.

Hopefully I’ll learn to save some money with this next job.

It gets pretty tiring to live from paycheck to paycheck, especially with four mouths to feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment