Friday, June 13, 2014

The Borders Years

(First off, sorry that I didn’t post last night. We had a power outage for a few hours yesterday and by the time it came back on, I was tired and trying to go to sleep.)

Between 2001 and 2009 I worked at Borders, other than a little while where I tried and failed at being a used car salesman.

I find when I think of good memories of working, most of them took place during this time, I loved working at Borders.

But I think my bank account still suffered, but this time because I was surrounded by new worlds of words and sound that I felt the need to explore.

I find that the biggest thing I really took away from my time at Borders was my love of reading.

As I was growing up I hated reading and always thought of myself as a bad reader, so I just tried as hard as I could to avoid it.

Shortly after starting I heard everyone obsessing over the Harry Potter series and so on a whim I decided to take a chance and crack a spine.

So, basically what I’m saying is that I owe my love of reading to a boy wizard and the beautiful people who I worked with that opened my eyes to transportation system known as books.

No comments:

Post a Comment