Tuesday, June 17, 2014

World View

I’ve been thinking a lot about new beginnings and new starts and it keeps bringing to my mind they way I feel when I move to a new place.

I’ve noticed that when you move somewhere new your worldview is just the surrounding areas.

Like when I moved to Olathe, KS for college, all I really knew was the college.

Then as I started to explore more my world grew and grew.

I now knew where the Walmart was, and the Borders, and some other places.

Then I met Jennifer, who grew up in Olathe and her knowledge of the area expanded mine rather quickly.

She could take me places that I didn’t know where there, and it was like writing new places on my map.

I’ve realized this is the way life is in general.

You are born with your family and only know them and as you grow your world expands to include others around you.

Not sure what all this means.

Just some thoughts I had tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment