Sunday, June 15, 2014

To My Father

Thank you for showing me how to be a man, a husband, a father, and above all else a follower of Christ.

I remember waking up early in the mornings and seeing you sit in your chair reading your Bible and doing devotions.

I remember the words spoken from the pulpit that you may have thought I slept through.

I remember the playful times wrestling around and playing.

I remember laying on top of you with my head on your chest and hearing your heartbeat.

I remember the love and support that you’ve always shown Mom, Shawn, and me.

As I’ve become a father my view on everything has changed so much.

I hear your voice coming out of my mouth and I see you in the mirror.

Holding my kids brings back the memories of all the times you were there for me.

Thank you for being my dad.

Thank you for love me.

Thank you for loving our family.

Thank you for setting a Godly example of how to live.

Thank you.

I love you Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment