Monday, April 6, 2015

Look up

Yesterday in church my pastor was talking about as the women were going towards the tomb they were looking down.

They were grieved over Jesus’ death.

They were scared of what would happen next.

They were worried about how they would roll the huge stone away.

Then they looked up and saw that God had already taken care of it all.

Jesus wasn’t dead.

God had a plan for what came next.

The stone was already rolled away.

We can get so focused on our own problems and pains, that we fail to look up and see that God has already done the hard work for us.

He’s already gone before us and moved the stone away. We just have to look up and see it.

As I was playing in the worship team yesterday after the sermon. Something told me to look up.

I had been so focused on singing the right words and playing the right chords that I was just looking down.

I looked up and right in front of me was my son smiling back up at me.

If I wouldn’t have looked up I would have lost the chance to smile at Max from the stage. He always asks me to smile at him while I’m playing and most of the time I forget. I just get so focused on the music.

Yesterday I looked up and saw the beautiful gifts that God has given me already.

A beautiful family.

A beautiful church.

A beautiful life.

Why would I ever look down again?

No comments:

Post a Comment