Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lent day 43

As I read Matthew 26 today focusing on Peter’s refusal of Jesus, I realized how many times I’ve done that very thing in my own life.

My dad’s a pastor and so I was raised in the church. But I started living dual lives for a while. I would be one thing in church, and then a completely different person at school or with my friends.

It was like I didn’t want them to know that I was a Christian, and for the most part, I really wasn’t.

I went through the motions in church. But mainly because I thought that’s what a good pastors kid did.

I would have still called myself a Christian, but the way I lived my life denied Jesus.

This pattern has followed me throughout my life.

At different times I’ve tried very hard to not let people know that I was a Christian.

I didn’t want them to think I was “that kind of Christian,” so I thought it best that they didn’t know I was one at all.

No matter how you look at it, I was denying Jesus.

The amazing thing that I found through all of this, is that even though Jesus has every right to deny knowing me, He’s always been right there with me.

He’s never left me.

He’s never denied me.

No comments:

Post a Comment