Tuesday, April 7, 2015

But some were doubtful

After Jesus was resurrected and had spent the 40 days with them, He was preparing to go back to Heaven.

He told the disciples to meet Him on a mountain. The 11 came and met Him there that day.

Matthew 28:17 says,

“When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful.”

I love that this is put in there.

They really didn’t need to put it in, and really, some people would probably say that it shouldn’t be there.

Why would these people who have seen all of the miracles that Jesus has performed and lived with Him have doubts?

But I really do love that it’s in there. Because I have doubts.

For a time in my life I thought these doubts meant that I didn’t have enough faith, or that I wasn’t a good Christian.

But I’ve come to see that it is good and natural to doubt things.

It is through my doubts that I have really come to see God in a whole new different and deeper way.

Without my doubts along the way, I wouldn’t be where I am in my faith right now.

Of all the freedoms that God has given me, I think I appreciate the freedom to doubt Him the most.

Not that it should bring us further from Him.

But that through searching for the answers to our doubts, we might find the answers in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment