Thursday, February 26, 2015

Lent day 9

Today I was reading in Matthew 8 and I was reminded how much I love the story of Jesus healing the leper.

First, I’m amazed at the bravery of this leper. He was not to be around other people. Let alone approaching a group of people on the road.

Then to not even really ask, but just to state that “you can heal me if you are willing to.”

I think this next part is one of the biggest examples of grace in the gospels.

Jesus reaches out and touches this untouchable man. I picture him smiling down at the man and cupping his cheek in His hand.

“I am willing. Be cleansed.” Such a short phrase. But so much power in it.

Jesus is willing. He was willing both then and now to heal us. To cleanse us and make us new.

All he really requires of us is that we boldly and wholly ask Him.

That we are bold enough to come before our Father and ask Him to wholly cleanse us and make us Holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment