Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lent day 7

During this Lenten season, I’ve been praying mainly for one thing. That God would change and renew my mind and heart.

That He would change the way that I think and feel about things to more correctly align them with His will.

So, it was a great surprise when my pastor started his Lenten series called Renovate and talked this last Sunday about the very prayer that I had been praying the week prior.

He talked in his sermon about how we should invite God into our hearts and minds and let Him have free reign to renovate it back to the way He intended it to be.

So, today I pray that God would move into my heart and mind and shine His light on the dark corners and show me the things that I need to change and that He would give me the strength to change the habits that do not adhere to His intentions for my life.

I pray that He would renew my spirit and held to lift it out of the darkness that I’ve spent so long toiling away in.

I pray that He would wash me clean of all impure thoughts and scrape away the harmful habits that have for so long ruled my life.

I pray that He would renew His calling on my life and draw close to me as I move forward through my days.

I pray that He would take the anger that is so often boiling just below the surface and give me the patience to deal with the ups and downs of life.

I know that these are dangerous things to pray and I look forward to the challenges that God will send my way in this coming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment