Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Lent day 8

While I was reading yesterday and today on prayer, I realized that I have rarely asked God to give me the words to say here. Relying mostly on the random thoughts that flow through my head.

I would still have said that God was probably giving me those words. But I hadn’t really ever made a habit of asking Him to give me the words that He would have me say today.

Along with that, I’ve never really been all that good at giving Him the glory for the gifts that He has given me. For the words that He gives me. For the fact that anyone would want to read my thoughts at all.

I used to believe that God spoke to me all the time. Back when I was younger and was writing music all the time, I knew that it was Him that gave me the words to sing and write.

But along the way I stopped listening to His voice and drifted away from His company. With that I effectively stopped writing music and can’t even tell you when the last time I wrote a song was.

The sad thing is that I know God has still been calling out to me and speaking to me. I would hear His voice calling me and giving me words to write. But for the most part I considered myself too busy to be bothered to write them down.

I would still have called myself a songwriter or writer. But in all reality I haven’t been a songwriter for a long time. Truly not since I stopped listening to His quiet voice and giving Him the glory for the gifts He has given me.

May that be my prayer for today than. That I would make the time to listen to His voice each day. And ask Him to speak through me. That others might know His glory and love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment