Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lent day 1

I’ve started doing a devotional for Lent and I thought I would try to write thoughts that come to me while I’m reading and studying.

This thought really isn’t my own. But it was brought back to my mind while I was reading Matthew 1 and 2 today.

I had always been somewhat confused and annoyed by all of the genealogy list that are in the Bible. Most of the time I would actually skip over most of them or just speed through them thinking nothing about them or why they might be there.

But this last Sunday in a membership class for my church our pastor talked about the lists and that maybe they were there to show us the kind of people who God can use.

When you look at Joseph’s family line, and therefore Jesus’, you find a whole lot of people who messed up a lot.

Yet God still chose to use them for His plans.

He chose to work through screw-ups, adulterers, killers, and many other sinners.

In fact if you think about it, every person that God worked through, and is still working through today, was and is a sinner.

We have all messed up in our lives.

We have all sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.

But none of that means that God can’t and won’t use us, if we are willing to be used by Him for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment