Friday, May 22, 2015

Remember, even when it’s hard

I noticed something while reading the Crucifixion story today that I don’t think I’d seen before.

After Jesus was put in the tomb, the Pharisees go to Pilate and tell him about Jesus saying He would rise from the dead after three days.

Now, they claim not to believe it. They say that His followers might try to steal the body. But they remember what Jesus said about it.

The thing is, even His own disciples didn’t remember this. They were so caught up in their grief that they forgot what Jesus had said about His death.

Plus, I don’t think they ever took those sayings seriously. I think they didn’t fully understand what He was talking about, so they just ignored those things.

How easy it is to forget the things that God has promised us, and live like the disciples did in those days after Jesus’ death.

No comments:

Post a Comment