Monday, May 11, 2015

Dreams

I was reading today in Genesis 22 about Abraham sacrificing Isaiah, and I starting thinking of the conversation he would have had with Sarah when they got home.

No matter what he says I’m sure she is having a hard time believing that the God who gave them this child, would now be asking him to kill him.

She would probably treat him like he had actually killed him.

All the while, Abraham is left thinking, “But God told me to. Besides I didn’t do it. He’s alive and sitting right over there.”

While I was thinking of this conversation, I realized that that’s kind of the way it can be when you tell people around you, believers and non-believers, that you feel called to do something.

There is this sense of, “Yeah, sure God is calling you to do this crazy thing.”

It can be really hard for other people to get behind your dream and behind the things that you feel God is calling you to do.

But that shouldn’t stop you from doing them.

It shouldn’t even stop you from explaining it that way to the people around you.

Because if God is calling you to do something, not everyone is going to be behind you.

But God is, and that’s all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment