Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Writing

I don't really know what to write today. Maybe I'll just start with why I feel I should write at all. Most people know that writing is something that I feel drawn to do. Like it's what I'm supposed to do with my life. I'm not going to say I think that I'm some amazingly gifted writer. I'll leave the critiquing to the critics. But it is something I feel I do well. I know that I can communicate things so much easier through the written word than the spoken. Maybe not if you try to read my hand writing. But I'm rarely ever able to get my point across clearly if I'm speaking. But give me a pen and paper and I'll go off for hours and for the most part I think I get my point across fairly well. I do wonder sometimes if there is anyone out there that really wants to hear what I have to say. But, for the most part, that's not even why I write. It would be nice if someone read it, but I write to get something out of me. maybe it's cause I'm so quiet i the real world, so I have to get all that thoughts that I store up out of me some how. Mostly it just like the way the pen feels as it scratches across the paper. I don't think I can accurately describe it. It just relieves something inside me that builds up over time. Than I unleash it in a mess of letters and words that most people could probably never read. It brings me great joy to write these little blurbs. I can't promise that you'll like or understand everything you read. And if out are reading, thank you. I would love to hear what you have to say about these pieces. Even though I don't write just for others opinions, I'm still open to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. Being able to express oneself is an important skill... I agree with you that it is very difficult to express it all verbally... It was not a skill that was passed on to me; nor have I passed it on to you or your brother... Most of the time it just seems so much safer to keep all that stuff stuffed down inside...

    Just last night I was reading about the importance of being able to express negative feelings in a safe environment... To make matters worse at times the Church preaches that its unChristian to have such feelings, let alone express them... And, I'm sure that I'm guilty of that as well...

    Anyway... I'm still learning... Hopefully still growing... Keep up the writing!!!

    Love, Dad :)

    ReplyDelete