Thursday, November 6, 2008

Birds

This is a strange one for me after writing on politics for two days, but today's is going to be a little different. I was standing at the bus stop this morning watching a group of birds flying around. I was struck by just how beautiful the were. The way that with little effort they were moving so gracefully through the air. The landed next me a few times and they were so small. I think they were thrushes, but I can't be sure. More like I don't know. But anyhow. they were so beautiful. I am always amazed at the creation that abounds on this planet. To know that after so long on this planet, I can still be moved by something as simple as a couple of birds. yesterday I said something about how I'm not much for looking at the good things in life. Things are always half-empty. But these birds were so beautiful. It also got me thinking of the bible verse about the birds and how regally they are clothed and how God takes care of their every need. So, he will take care of us even more. That's very reassuring for me right now. The funny thing is, it seemed like they had a little too much sugar this morning. They were flying around so fast and frantically. I guess it realy does pay to stop every once in a while and appreciate the small things in life. this place is so beautiful if we would only take the time to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment