Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Using Talents

For a long time now, I’ve resisted the urge to be a part of the worship team at the churches we’ve gone to.

I’d like to say that the size of the churches or stage fright were the only things keeping me from following through on this calling.

But I think in reflecting over the weekend about Friday’s post, I came to realize that I also really didn’t want to give up one of the most meaningful times of worship that I have.

I’ve always found so much beauty in music, and when it came to singing in church, I found it to usually be the way that God would speak to me the most.

I was afraid that if I was one of the people leading the worship, that I would not be getting the full experience of worship that I was looking for.

But what I have found, is that by using the gifts and talents that God has entrusted to me, I’m actually more engaged in the worship and have found it to be more worshipful than I could ever have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment