Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Finding A Church Home, Part 1

I know yesterdays post was a little short and didn’t really go into any detail about why we feel so at home in our new church, so I thought I’d take the next few days and talk about it at a little greater length.

Since moving to Oregon, there have been several times where I can honestly say we, or especially I, didn’t go to church on a regular basis.

There are many reasons, but the main one was that I never really felt like the churches we went to were places I really wanted to go.

This is not to say that these were bad churches, or that we didn’t have churches that we liked during this time, but more that I never felt like these were places God really wanted us to be.

One of the main reasons for me, was that we were in some bigger churches and it just always seemed so easy to get lost, plus I’ve felt God calling me to be a part of the worship team, but the thought of getting up in front of that many people freaks me out.

I’ll try to break these two main reasons down more over the next couple days, right now I need to think about them a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment