Friday, May 23, 2014

Finding a Church Home, Part 3

As I said in part 1, one of the reasons that I didn’t feel comfortable in some of other churches was because I wanted to be a part of the worship team, but being very shy and not liking to be in front of people, having big churches just never seemed like a place I wanted to play.

It’s true that Eden is smaller than most of the other churches we’ve been going to lately, but I think there is more to why I’ve felt comfortable joining the worship team so quickly.

For one, I was kind of volunteered to be a part of it, or more I was mentioned to the worship leader a little before I was planning on talking to him, but the more I’ve thought about it though, I kind of think this was the perfect way for me to be introduced to it all.

There was never any pressure to do it, nor has there been any pressure to be some amazing guitar player or singer.

It’s just been a very natural journey to doing a little more each time and has never felt too overwhelming.

It’s just made it feel even more like a home for us, that we can and want to be a part of this beautiful growing community.

No comments:

Post a Comment