Thursday, May 15, 2014

Clarification On Prayer

As I said a few days ago, I don’t believe a lot of Christians have the correct view on prayer and how it works.

This is definitely not to say that I think it doesn’t work or that we shouldn’t do it often and about both the little and the big things in our lives.

In fact, I believe that we should live our whole lives in prayer, praying in all things that we do, that God would lead our steps and our words.

I only have a problem when we ask for things to be prayed for in a very general sense that we think if we get enough people praying for us it will all work out the way we want it to.

I believe that we should always prayer for God’s will to be done in all things, whether that lines up with my will or not.

Hopefully as we live our lives in prayer and conversation with God, our will will bend towards his will and not our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment