Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Little Engine That Could

I was reading The Little Engine That Could to Max as a bedtime story and I realized something during the reading, it is basically a non-violent version of the Good Samaritan story.

The ones that should and could help feel that is beneath them, while the one that isn’t sure if he’ll even be able to do anything, helps out.

I think mostly when I’ve read the story, I’ve focused on the fact that he didn’t know if he could do it or not, but he still tried anyway.

But tonight it hit me really hard that the trains saying no to helping the broken down train, were more than capable of helping, but just didn’t want to.

I guess maybe I’m just thinking of hospitality and helping others in a different way this week.

May I be as willing to help those around me even when I’m not sure I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment