Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Book Of Job

As I’ve struggled with my depression in my life, I’ve always kind of looked to Job as a favorite book in the Bible.

I’m not even really sure why, because I can’t remember if I’ve ever fully read the book of Job.

But I’ve always looked to him and all of the things that he went through as a source of inspiration.

Today I think I figured out why I haven’t been able to actually read the book and like it as much as I always thought I would.

I think I looked to him and thought I would read the book in the midst of my depression and find someone going through worse things and wallowing in his sorrows like I was.

But today I noticed something much different as I read chapter 1, and it may make him someone to look up to even more as I go through rough patches in life.

As all of the things in his life are being stripped away one after another, he rips his clothes and throws himself down in his sorrow.

But even as he does this, he lifts up God, and praises Him.

He doesn’t curse God for taking all of the things that God has given to him.

He praises God and says that all of the things in his life were gifts from God.

I know that throughout the book of Job, he does start to question God about why these things are happening to him.

But in those questions he never curses God.

He believes that God is good and that God is there with him in all of his troubles.

I find this amazing, because I find it hard not to get upset when things take a little longer than I wanted them to, let alone when things go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment