Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Emmanuel

There have been so many times in my life when I've felt absolutely alone. Even in a room full of people I was alone. For a long time I thought this was just going to be the way my life went. That I would always be completely alone. That there was no one who would even want to come along side me.

This has changed a little over the years. I now have a family who love me and I am rarely actually alone. But more than that I've realized that these people actually want me around.

Even with that said there are still times where I feel alone. Like no one can really understand me.

Today I was reading in Max Lucado's book The Cure for the Common Life, and he was talking about how no matter what God is with us.

It brought to mind all those times when I felt alone, but yet I truly wasn't alone. There has always been someone with me who understands me and loves me.

Lucado went on to talk about how when Jesus promised to never leave us, there weren't any limits or rules put on it.

He didn't say, "If you are good I'll be with you. If you love me, I'll be with you."

He just said that no matter where we go or what we do, He will be there with us.

If you are ever feeling alone, just remember that God is with us always. He will never leave us nor forsake us. Just reach out your hand and He will be there to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment