Monday, February 22, 2016

He knows my every thought, and loves me still

Yesterday, we heard a sermon from Pastor Sheri about the Samaritan woman that Jesus met at the well. It was a beautiful sermon about Jesus meeting us in our desperation.

This morning I started reading The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning, and something he wrote really brought home something from the sermon yesterday.

Manning was talking about who Jesus came to save. He says, "He comes for corporate executives, street people, superstars, farmers, hookers, addicts, IRS agents, and even used-car salesmen."

It reminded me how Sheri pointed out that while Jesus was talking with the woman at the well, He told her everything that she had done in her life.

I think this is the truly amazing thing about Jesus. He sees who we are. He knows all of our darkest secrets. Yet He still loves us.

He doesn't turn away from us because of anything that we do.

He is always there.

He knows just who we are and what we have done.

Yet He loves us.

That truly is amazing grace.

I've had many times of desperation in my life, where I didn't see how anyone could ever love me.

The things that I had done.

The things I had thought.

The places I'd been.

No one could ever love me.

But when I look back now, I see that standing there the whole time, was Jesus.

Calling softly to me to let me know that He loves me and that He always has and always will.

1 comment:

  1. Your comments remind me of something I read this morning. It was in a devotional book by Eugene H. Peterson. In reference to Psalm 28 he observed the heart takes in God's grace and gives out praise to him.

    His grace is amazing - at all times. I feel challenged to praise him for everything he as done in my life. That includes grace in all circumstances.

    The gift of his grace and salvation calls for nothing less from me than praise for him.

    ReplyDelete