Friday, February 26, 2016

Growing Up


As most of you know, I'm a stay at home dad and this little cutie is my boss.

Yesterday, we were outside and she was playing on the park by our house.

I was sitting down watching her from my bench.

She starting trying to do things that I didn't think she would be able to do. But she got right up there and did them.

I realized that I don't think of her as a four year old kid.

I think of her as my little baby girl.

Now, as a youngest child myself, I know very well that your parents will never stop seeing you as their little baby.

But at the same time, I kept hearing this voice in my head telling me to tell her to stop what she was doing, because there is no way a little baby girl should be able to climb up like that.

I had to just sit there and be quiet and watch her. I told her to be careful. But I didn't get up to hold her hand or make sure she was stable.

What I saw was a beautiful, smart, and cautiously brace little kid.

She bravely climbed as much as she could.

She took chances, but was never out of control.

She took her time and figured out how to get to the next step.

I was amazed at how grown up she has gotten, even if she didn't ask my permission to grow up.

I just need to learn to let go a little more and to let her grow up as the smart and beautiful girl she is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment