Sunday, July 29, 2012

Forming a new habit

I think I’ve mentioned before how when I became a stay at home dad, I thought I’d have a ton of time to write and explore this part of my life more. But that really didn’t work out so well. I’m really not sure where all the time goes. But there is never very much left for me, let alone the energy to really think things trough enough to write about them.

So, I would myself leaving this dream behind for a while. Every once in a while I would try to start something up. But I would always run out of steam after a little bit. Partially because I would run out of ideas and just let it go for a day or two. Then I’d get out of the habit and stop all together.

That’s one of the things I’m going to try to do differently this time. I’m trying to carve a little time out at the end of my day to just write a few words and get this ball rolling. As I’m sure you will find out, it doesn’t take much to get the ball rolling for me. I can start in one place with one thought in mind and end up in a totally different place.

So, that’s what I’m really trying to do with this blog. I’m trying to just sit down to write something up everyday. Get myself into the rhythm of writing everyday. I’m still not sure exactly what I should be writing about. So, I’ll just go along with whatever comes into my head at the end of the day. Some posts may not make a ton of sense. But that’s to be expected when they are written very late at night and with little sleep.

I will try to keep putting things up every night. I’ll do my best to make them interesting. I mainly want to let people into my world. Let others see what goes on in my chaotic mind. Maybe if I have a place to put my thoughts down, I’ll be able to sort through them myself.

Oh, and if you have any topics that you’d like to hear my thoughts on, or things that you’d like to know about me, let me know in the comments and I’ll do my best to write about them.

Thanks for reading this. It means a lot. I would love your feedback on what you think of my writing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment