Saturday, April 14, 2007

Oregon trip, moving and such

Well, it's been quite a while since I've posted anything. I'm sorry. Things have been a little crazy lately. I've had several things that I wanted to post, but have been pretty exhausted lately. I'm not sure why either. I haven't been sleeping very good at all. And when I have it's never been for long enough or very restful sleep. I think I've figured a few things out and I'm going to be trying to go into the doctors sometime this week and talk to him about it. I think my anti-depressants are affecting me strangely. I'm not sure, but I'm going to talk to him about changing to something else. But enough of this stuff. On to the fun stuff...

Since it's been almost a month since my last post I'll try and update you all on everything that's been happening.

As of my last post we were heading out to find a new home and as you probably all read in Jennifer's post on it, it was a great trip. We both had a great time and are both looking forward to being moved out to Portland. We found a place that we want to move and if everything goes according to plan we will be looking to move in a little over 2 months. Wow. That's really getting close. Well, these last few months have just flown by. I can't believe how it seems like it was just a little while ago we made this decision and now here it's finally happening. I can't wait to get moved out there though. We are both looking forward to enjoying Portland and all of Oregon for that matter.

After getting back I had a really hard time adjusting back to the time difference and have never caught back up. It's like I said before, I can't get enough sleep and I'm not sleeping at the right times when I am sleeping. But anyway.

I think Jennifer put this in hers, but we thought it was funny that before we went out to Portland everyone was telling how much it rains out there. Then while we were out there it rained pretty much nonstop here and was beautiful out there. It rained a little, but nothing to stop us. It's pretty much been rainy and windy since we got back too. Very few days of sunshine and even when the sun is out it's still cold and windy. It even snowed a little tiny bit on Friday night this week. Kansas weather. You've gotta love, or something like that.

I can't seem to get motivated to pack things. Which is bad, because as I said earlier we are moving in a little under 2 months. As it stands right now we are looking to leave KC on June 11th and take about 3 days to get out there and then the next week or so to set things up in our new place. Then we're planning a trip down to Eugene for my cousin Joseph's wedding. Then I'll look to start working that next week. I still have to make sure I have a job out there, but things were looking pretty good in that area. I need to talk to my manager about what the next thing I need to do is. We'll see.

Well, since this post is getting pretty long and I have other subjects that I want to talk about I'll end this one and start a new one. But I'll leave you with these pictures of my lovely wife and her new fabulous glasses.

1 comment:

  1. OOOHH! That glasses are FAB!!! Pass that on for me! You are getting close to the move! That is very exciting! It amazes me how quickly time flies!!!

    We hope that all goes smoothly for the packing, driving, and general moving fun!!! -Sara

    ReplyDelete