Saturday, April 14, 2007

Easter Season and such

Well, that brings us to Easter. We were very happy to spend our Easter with both sets of parents this year. My dad was able to get off from work and they came down for the weekend. It was a really good time. They got in about 4 on Friday and then we went to the Good Friday service at Christ Church, where we met up with Jennifer's parents. It was a beautiful service and has really had a great impact on me in the week since. As a part of the service we were able to approach the cross and offer outward expressions of veneration in the way that we felt was right. For me, it was great to come before the Cross. I laid some things down at the foot of the Cross that I've been carrying for a long time. I'll just say that they are very personal things and may be fairly uncomfortable to talk about in such a public place as this, but if you would like to talk about them sometime I'm open to questions now. These are the things I asked for prayer about a couple months ago. Let's just say that I've been walking a little lighter and easier since last Friday.

It was also nice to approach the Cross with Jennifer by my side. It really meant a lot to me that she would come forward with me and stand with me in front of God.

One of the other beautiful things that they did during the service was to have our music director sing a song by Phil Keaggy called Maker of the Universe. It is a beautiful song and makes you think about the Cross in a different way. I'll try to post the lyrics up here but I might give them their own post.

Saturday brought another day of work for me while Jennifer and my parents ran around town for a few hours. They met me for lunch and then had a few more hours until I got off. Then we headed out the Mardel Christian And Education Store. It's a great store that we could probably spend a while in and usually do when my parents are in town. We all left with a few goodies. Some of us more than others.

Easter service was a bright and early 8am service at our church with my parents. Once again it was a beautiful service. We enjoyed a wonderful Eater Dinner with Jennifer's family in the area at her cousin's restaurant.

It was great to spend time with my parents. Monday morning I met them for breakfast and then saw them on their way home.

Well, now that I've written two very long posts and still have a third planned for that song. I'll end this here with some pictures of the Easter festivities.

The beautiful redbuds in front of our church
Jennifer and I getting our Easter baskets
Jennifer rubbing her new frog in my face
Me enjoying Buddha's new toy
Buddha enjoying his new toy
Man, look at those lips

The grandparents playing with the grandpup and his new toy
Buddha soaking up the love
My beautiful wife at Easter dinner

1 comment:

  1. I love Good Friday veneration as well. I always cry; it is just so beautiful to have an intimate experience like that with the instrument of our salvation. This year was no exception. The veneration at St. Paul's was extremely moving and unforgettable. -Sara

    PS-You look great in that jacket on Easter Day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete