Monday, July 4, 2016

Church Family

So, this week my family has been on vacation and I realized something yesterday.

I missed meeting with my church family.

I don't mean that I didn't like the church that I went to, or that it was a bad service. I actually liked the service, and it's always nice to be back at Overland Park Nazarene.

But I realized that it wasn't my church family. I missed being among the people that make up Eden Community.

I don't know if I've ever really felt this kind of belonging in a church. Definitely not since I was a kid in the churches that my dad pastored in.

I also realized that from where I stand on most Sundays, I get to see a most beautiful sight. I get to see my church worship. I get to see the Lord move in our services.

It has amazed me to see the different ways people worship God. It truly is an amazingly beautiful site.

I don't think I had realized how amazing it has been to be involved in a church until I took a vacation.

I can't wait to be back with my church family.

No comments:

Post a Comment