Saturday, July 7, 2007

Well, if you've been reading Jennifer's blog, you know that tonight we went to the Portland Beavers game against the Tacoma Rainiers. We cheered for the home team as you might expect, but unfortunately the Beavers lost 8-3. We did have a great time at the game though and are looking forward to many more outings to PGE Park in the near future. In case you don't know the Beavers are a Triple-A farm team for the San Diego Padres. The park was really nice. The seats need more leg room, but what's new about that. I'm sorry, we didn't bring our camera, so no pictures for now. Maybe the next time we go.

Well, I think that's it for now. I'm still not feeling too great. This cold seems to be sticking around rather than getting better.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! My step-dad, Alan, lived in Cottage Grove (near Eugene) and is a huge Em's fan. They are in the same league and play the Beavers - I know that we have some of their stadium prizes at our home! I think that they may also play our (Boise) minor league team, the Hawks. I always loved catching those games. Too bad about the cold...is it time for the doctor to intervene? Love to you both! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. PCL... Pacific Coast League was what it was called when I was growing up in Western Washington... Of course we listened to the Seattle Reiniers then; and I think it was the Tacoma Totums [?], maybe the Spokane Indians; it's hard to remember... You would have to ask Clarence; he would remember all those teams... There was also Vancouver and Honalulu... I never actually got to a Seattle game...

    Glad you enjoyed it!!!

    Dad :)

    ReplyDelete