Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Long time no update...

Well, it's been a while since I've had time to update this thing. I have wanted to do several things on here, so I might break this up in to a couple smaller posts.

So, today has been an interesting day. I haven't done much. Actually I woke up around noon today. Yesterday at work they asked me to come in late today and close tonight. I'm not really looking forward to it, but oh well. I got to sleep in, and I guess that's a good thing.

To catch you all up I'll try and start back on this weekend. On Sunday, like too many Sundays lately, we slept in. I think we've both been worn out from everything that's been going on lately and it's just hard to get up and moving for the 8:00AM service. I'm not sure what we can do about it, but I'm not sure if this is going to work anymore. We'll have to see how it goes. So, after sleeping in, we got up and went to meet Jennifer's parents for our Sunday afternoon lunch.

Then I convinced Jennifer to go to the movies with me. I wasn't too sure how she would like the movie, but I knew I wanted to see it that weekend. We went and saw the adaptation of the Ted Dekker book Thr3e. I read the book a while ago and have been waiting for this movie to come out. If you haven't heard of Ted Dekker, he is a Christian author who has quickly become one of my favorites in the short time I've been aware of him. Normally for a Christian movie like this, they just come out on video. They're also not always done that well. I've always hated that. It's like in order to see a good movie you have wait and then it's almost always a let down. I was really hoping that they wouldn't do that with Thr3e. Once I found out it was going to be in theatres, I knew I would go see it if it came to my area. So, when Thr3e released to a limited number of theaters on Jan. 5, I was looking for one to be my area. Luckily it happened to be at the one we always go to here, AMC 30, that is.

When I found out that it would be coming out in only a limited number of theaters, I wanted to make sure that I saw it on its first weekend out. I don't know if it would actually work, but I wanted to show the industry that you can put out good movies with Christian themes in big theaters and they will still do well.

I have to say though, that I went in with some trepidation. I never know what to expect for movies based on books. But I also know that Ted writes in such a way that making a movie of his books should be a pretty simple thing. If you haven't read anything by Ted, I highly recommend him. I've read several and I think Thr3e has been my favorite so far. He writes thrillers, so be prepared to stay up all night reading some of his books.

I won't give much of the movie away, other than to say that I thought they did a great job. They changed a few little things around, but all of the changes were good changes. I have to say that this is one of the better films I've seen in a long time. It shows that when you get a good story and a good studio together you can make a great movie. The great studio I'm referring to is Fox Faith Movies. They have some other movies coming out soon and I'm sure to try and see them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment